Saturday, October 20, 2007

Running the Board

Today, I was running the board. Its the main, most honorable, position as a host, with the most power too. I liked it, but I let myself stress myself out! Also, one of the hosts came in 2 hours late, cause she couldn't read what time the schedule said. I don't blame her, but it made it really hard on us. There were only 3 hosts when we went on a wait (at 4:55). Beth and I were trying to sit tables. Beth would occassionally run over and open the door. And Brandon was back there rolling silverware, cause we were already out! (I wish the managers would order more silverware already!) Then I just got frustrated, cause I didn't want to leave the board to sit tables cause the phone could ring, or people could come in wanting a pager who called ahead. But, my managers would come over and say, "There are open tables, sit them!" It was frustrating that I didn't always have someone sitting tables for me! There defidently should have been 6 hosts today AND yesterday. I decided, while I liked running the board today, I'd only like to do it again in the future if we weren't short-handed. But, if my managers scheduled me the shift, I will be happy to take it.. cause, its an honor, I guess.

Now.. my brakes have been making very very uncomforting noises since friday night. Michael said it was okay, and I just needed to get it checked out when i had a day off. Well, it got worse, and now i'm just really.. uncomfortable with the fact. So now its too late for me to get it to a shop! Everywhere is closed on a sunday... But I guess tomorrow I will leave a message on a couple of answering machines. I'll prolly try Midas first, cause I have like coupons from tech, lol! I think i will have my oil changed at the same time.

I thought.. Michael drives an automatic now.. and his car is here, so why don't I just drive his car until I get mine worked on (its not like he drives everyday like I do). However, the car used to be his mom's and she has a spare key SOMEWHERE on the bottom. I went outside with a flashlight and couldn't find it! I had to come in cause my asthma was getting bad cause the air was so cold.

Now I am just frustrated, cause my car sounds kinda.. painful when I drive it and brake. I just wish I could find Michael's damned key, so I wouldn't have to drive mine. But I don't think any auto repair places are open on sundays. All the ones in the yellowbook were 9-5 mon-fri.