Friday, October 12, 2007

Outback or Tinseltown?

I had a very vivid and long dream.. during my nap.. I just got up.. so I wanted to write everything I could remember.. To start... I was a host.... but where I was working looked like an old fashioned movie theater.. it was still the same interior shape as Outback.. but it had movie theater decorations and structures (electronic ticket booth)...

My manager.. looked like one of my managers from Tinseltown.. The manager was my outback manager.. (a female).. The manager behaved like my outback manager.. named like my Outback manager.. but.. looked like my Tinseltown manager..

The work shift was long.. and I was really mad. There were only 2 hosts.. me and Beth.. And it was a BUSY day, a busier day than I have ever really worked.. At Outback.. on the busiest day I have ever worked.. we had like 9-11 hosts..

As I was working.. I got into the bathroom to do the bathroom check, which we are supposed to do often.. And.. the bathroom had steps.. like 7 or 8.. and Women kept coming in with their strollers and getting frustrated.. So I helped the ladies.. but for some reason.. when their strollers were almost up the steps.. i would realize.. my foot was in their stroller.. like.. there was no baby.. and now I was in a weird position to try and get out..

Then I tried to help this party.. (group of people eating at Outback).. It was half black people, half white.. All the white people were Michael's Mom's-side of the family relatives.. And.. the black people were like.. lol.. This is where it get weird.. Michael's mom in real life has a younger brother.. (who was in the dream).. and thats all.. In the dream she had a younger brother.. then another youngerer brother.. a black guy.. but he was her blood brother... idk.. lol! And any time I walked by the black people.. I would accidently bump them.. spill something.. and they would get mad..

Then I saw Will (Michael's uncle).. he was holding his new daughter (4ish months).. He said if he put her down she cried.. so I went to Leslie, a server.. to ask her if she would get him a drink or maybe some bread.. since he couldn't come in to eat.. and I sprayed food all over her face!! It was like.. cucumber?!? I apologized but I don't think she liked me for the rest of the dream!!

Then I saw Beth, first time in the dream, and she was running our new ticket stand... it worked like it took names and gave them pagers.. but someone had to watch it, to make sure the customers were using it right.. and Beth told me I could run it, so I was excited..

Then I got really frustrated at something during a bathroom check.. and I saw Beth.. I told her I was going to walk out of here.. this was ridicilous I'm out. And I didn't really walk out.. I just moved between positions while I worked.. Whenever I saw my manager I would change positions again.. cause Beth told her/him.. and the manager looked mad!

I know there was more..and I faintly remember one of the black ladies like.. droppping her baby.. and it made an indention in the concrete.. or something.. but it was 100% fine.. (Prolly cause right before my nap my professor was comparing human bones to concrete.. )

There is more to my dream.. I just can't remember it since I went to the bathroom and got food first... Was I trying to make Outback into Tinseltown in the ways I wanted it?